Friday, October 28, 2011

Helpless

We've had our fair share of illnesses go through our house since Jackson's been born. With Jesse working outside the home and Jackson being at the age where we go play at germ infested play places it is inevitable that one or all of us will get sick many times this coming winter. To be honest I feel a little foolish in the fact that Jesse came down with this recent round of sickness first and because it wasn't till the tail end of his that Jackson caught it that I thought Jackson and I were in the clear...silly me!

I think that no matter how many times your child gets sick, even if it's just a cold, that helpless feeling will never go away. It's now been a handful of times that I've seen that awful number of 104 show up on the thermometer and every single time my heart starts racing and I look into my baby's eyes full of fear and question "is this ok?" Numerous doctor's have told me repeatedly yes, don't bring him in until it hits 105 but I just can't help but want someone, anyone to do SOMETHING when I feel so helpless and out of control.  Jackson has been such a trooper through every illness he's had. We are now on our 3rd round of Croup since last year and I am always fearful that that uncontrollable, uncomfortable sounding seal bark is going to turn into something worse. This bout of the bark has got to be the worse thus far. Poor baby can hardly hold his eyes open most of the day and for only the 2nd time since he's been alive has Jackson fallen asleep just laying on the floor.

This just goes to show you how incredibly awful he must feel....


Anyone that knows Jackson knows that he is a HUGE ham for the camera every time it's pointed at him.....poor little guy :(

For now I will give him the best medicine I can...lots of hugs and kisses!

No comments:

Post a Comment